Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekly Wayfinding: Different Route to School

The 6

During the winter, I have one route and one route only to campus. That is walking a block and a half to the 2 stop at 8th and 5th. Then, I ride the 2 to the 15th and University stop. Then I get off, cross 15th, walk between Jones and Folwell Halls to Rapson Hall. (This is the route marked in white and orange) For this challenge, I took the only other bus through Marcy Holmes that goes to campus, the 6. It runs down University, so I had to walk from 7th and 4th to University and 4th. It took nearly 10 minutes, because I had to wait on the light at 4th Street and play frogger at University. The 6 stopped at every stoplight on University  so the ride itself took 10 minutes as well. I finally got off the bus at University and 17th/Church. From there, I walked the block to Rapson Hall, entering the other atrium entrance. Total, this trip took 20 minutes, compared to the usual 10 minutes. The bus was also much less crowded and carried more adults than students, compared to the crowded with students 2. I also noticed I was more anxious and agitated when I got to campus after this alternate route, due to the busy streets I had to navigate to get to the stop as well as the ridiculous amount of time it took to drive 10 blocks. I think I will stick to my 10 minute commute on the 2. It is a much calmer start to my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment